Orchard House Surgery

01900 603985

Complaints and compliments

Workington Health Centre aims to give a friendly and professional service to all our patients.  However, if you have any concerns about any aspect our service, please let us know.   Please contact the Practice Manager, who will be happy to listen to your concerns.  In the majority of cases, concerns can be resolved quite easily.  However, if you feel we have not dealt with the issues you have raised by any member of the team, as you would wish, you can write to:

Complaints Manager,
Drs’ Gold, Kirby and Rocha
Orchard House Surgery
South William Street,
CA14 2ED.

Any complaints or concerns raised by our patients will not affect the care you receive within practice.

Please ask at reception for Complaints Leaflet / The leaflet is also available below:

Comments & Complaints Leaflet – Download the comments and complaints leaflet

Comments & Complaints Procedure – Download the complaints procedure document

Further information:



PALS provide a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally. Your local PALS office can be found @

Patient Advice & Liaison Service – NHS Cumbria

Workington Community Hospital Park Lane, Workington, CA143 2RW

Tel: 0300 1239006 (24hr answer phone)



ICAS is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS Care or treatment. Your local ICAS service can be found @

Penrith Office:  Suite 5, Cumbria House, Gilwilly Industrial Estate, PENRITH, CA11 9FF

Tel:  0808 802 3000



As a last resort, if you are not happy with the response from this practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England. You can call the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on 0345 015 4033 or http://www.ombudsman.org.uk or Textphone  (Minicom): 0300 061 4298


Please note that Orchard House Surgery keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.

Complaining to other authorities

The practice management team hope that if you have a problem you will use the Practice Complaints Procedure. However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the response received from us, you can contact any of the following  bodies: PALS, ICAS & OMBUDSMAN

Contacting the Care Quality Commission

If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity by this Practice then you can contact the Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161, or alternatively visit the following website: http://www.cqc.org.uk